Rated ‘Good’ in all five categories against a rigorous new Ofsted framework.
Our latest Ofsted inspection has confirmed that Etone College has continued on its journey of successful transformation.
The school, placed in Special Measures in 2013, has improved rapidly over the last three years and is now rated as “good” in all five categories against a rigorous new Ofsted framework.
Mr Ian Smith, Headteacher, stated “I am delighted that Ofsted have recognised the progress that has been made at the college since the last inspection. Teachers and pupils have worked incredibly hard and this is just rewards for their efforts. The inspection team were extremely complimentary about the pupils and the enthusiasm staff showed towards teaching their subjects. Our aim is to build on this latest success so that Etone College continues to move from strength to strength.”
He also added, “Pupil outcomes from 2016 show that we are not just a successful school locally but also one of the top performing schools in the country – our results place us in the top 14% of schools nationally for pupil progress.
Ofsted inspected the school from 31st January to 1st February and found that:
– The school is well led. Leadership actions are sharply focused and have brought rapid improvements since the last inspection.
– All groups of pupils make good progress from their starting points
– The most able pupils, those who have special educational needs and those who are disadvantaged make at least good progress and some make accelerated progress
– The school provides many opportunities, through the curriculum and other activities, for the spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of pupils
– Pupils’ conduct in lessons and around the school is good
– Provision for 16-19 students is good and improving further
– Teachers have good relationships with pupils and the atmosphere in classrooms is overwhelmingly positive.
– Teachers have a genuine enthusiasm for what they teach
– Pupils feel safe in school and express a high level of confidence in the ability of teachers to protect and support them
– Pupils are well prepared for life in modern Britain.
Jeremy Bench, Director of Matrix Academy Trust commented “Matrix is delighted with the progress of Etone College. The school is now a great place for Nuneaton children to achieve and move onto university. We are proud of our great pupils, supportive parents and super staff. Well done Etone College.”
Our only target to improve further was “to spread the most effective practice across all subject areas”. This is a target which is usually reserved for Outstanding schools.
We are already oversubscribed for September 2017 and would advise any parents or carers still wanting a place at Etone College to complete our Appeals form by 10th April on our website.