WHAT IS THE 16-19 TUITION FUND?
The 16-19 fund is additional funding that has been provided to Etone College to ensure we support all 16-19 learners who have had their learning disrupted by the COIVD -19 lockdown. The fund will be used for small group and 1:1 tuition in English, Maths and vocational learning for 16 to 19-year-old learners. This tuition will be in addition to the planned study programme hours.
WHO CAN BE SUPPORTED BY THIS FUND?
- Pupils must be aged 16-19 and have not achieved a grade 4 or 5 in English and/or maths
- have a grade 4 or above in English and/or maths, are from an economically disadvantaged background and would need catch-up support. These are defined as students from the 27% most economically deprived areas of the country based on the index of multiple deprivation
HOW IS ETONE COLLEGE USING THIS FUND?
We will use this fund to provide small group (Maximum of seven per group) and 1:1 tuition to learners both online and face to face. These sessions will be developed in a bespoke way to meet the individual needs of every leaner. The tuition sessions will be scheduled in addition to the planned programme of study hours already timetabled for the academic year 2020/21.
Examples of some of the Tuition Support on offer will include:
- English and maths skills development including support in preparing for GCSE Exams.
- Technical Knowledge and skills support to make up for any shortfall from previous learning.
- Pupils who may benefit from small group tuition to reach their full potential