Homework is an integral part of our learning experience.
At Etone College, we are committed to providing regular quality homework experiences for all of our learners. Homework is an integral part of our learning experience. We recognise the value of homework in consolidating and extending work done and also preparing pupils for work to come.
Homework is important because it:
- Encourages learners to develop the skills, confidence and motivation needed to effectively study on their own.
- Consolidates and reinforces skills and understanding developed in lessons.
- Helps with long term retention by testing knowledge learned in the past.
- Promotes the Employability Skills needed for the wider world of work.
- Sustains the involvement of parents and carers in the management of pupils’ learning, keeping them informed about the work that is being undertaken.
- Manages particular demands such as coursework and preparation for controlled assessment.
How to support your child with homework.
Homework is a chance to stay connected to your child’s learning without having to leave home, and the familiar surroundings will be comforting to your child and help them feel at ease and ready to engage with the task in hand.