Etone Football Academy Weekly Results

Etone WBA 4 – 2 Wolverhampton Wanderers 

The first real test of the season saw an away trip and early start for Etone WBA at Wolves. A long drive and a short warmup meant Etone struggled to find their feet in the first 20 minutes, sitting in deep and soaking up pressure. However, Atkins scored against the run of play after finding half a yard and shooting low across the box into the bottom right corner. The next 20 minutes Etone began to settle into the game, creating a few half chances from crosses and keeping the play in the Wolves half. Unbalanced and exposed from a counter attack Wolves were able to force a penalty just before half time which was finished at the second time of asking after a smart penalty save from Bheda. 1-1 at the break and an excellent spectacle for the neutrals set the 2nd half up perfectly. The high press from Etone was becoming a lot for wolves to handle and the Etone back 4 did a good job of squeezing the pitch to suffocate the space for wolves. The pressure paid off when Grimes won the ball high and drove to goal slotting in at the near post. A quadruple substitution on the hour mark brought fresh legs and fresh idea for Etone as well as a second goal for Atkins in a fashion not too dissimilar from his first goal. An unfortunate slice into their own goal from the Etone defence brought the game back to 3-2 with 10 minutes to play. Eventually, any nerves were put to rest when Browns header fell to Evans who dragged the ball into the far corner of the goal for a 4-2 win and further 3 points on the board making it 3 wins from 3.

Etone WBA 1 – 1 Sandwell 

A positive start from Etone WBA saw them have a goal disallowed after just 2 minutes, Ferrar headed in a Neale free kick only for the referee to give a foul for a push in the penalty area. Etone were the better team for large parts of the first half creating plenty of chances but struggling to really find a cutting edge in front of goal. A goal line clearance from a Beard header being the closest they came to breaking the deadlock. With Etone failing to be clinical it gave Sandwell and opportunity and they took it well, a quick counter attack finished well have them a 1-0 lead going into half time. After the break there was plenty of positives for Etone as they controlled possession, limited Sandwell to few touches and looked a real threat going forwards. After 78 minutes Tromans was the quickest to react to a loose ball in the box as he finished nicely. The last 10 minutes saw next to nothing in terms of clear cut chances with Sandwell doing their very best to hold onto a 1-1 result and Etone struggling to find a winner.

Recent Posts

Contact Info

Secondary School
Leicester Road
CV11 6AA

T: 024 76 757300

SENDCo - Mrs K Smith

Monday - Thursday: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Friday: 8:00 am - 3:30 pm

Copyright 2024 © All Rights Reserved